One of the particular characteristics of the Coronavirus, is that the person will not normally present nasal discharge, unlike the cases of common flu or pneumonia, being characterized by a dry cough with the absence of said discharge.
The virus tolerates low temperatures, but isn’t resistant to temperatures above 25 degrees celsius, as such, ice, and cold meals, should be avoided, and should be in place, hot meals should be privileged, and also avoid raw foods. Although these practices do not prevent contagion, they greatly reduce the chances.
Another important measure is the consumption of fluids, particularly water, to keep the body hydrated, and to give preference to hot drinks such as tea, since hot water is effective in killing almost all viruses.
The virus has a considerable dimension, so that any normal mask has the ability to reduce its transmission, it should also be noted that an infected person, when sneezing, will be spreading the virus. virus at an average range of 3 meters, until it starts descending to the ground. It’s important to note that although the mask reduces the risk of transmission, it’s still possible, and each mask should be used only once.
When falling on a metallic surface, the virus has a life span of just over 12 hours, it is recommended to wash hands with soap after contact with these surfaces, however, if in water on the surfaces referenced, it could last longer.
In the tissues, the virus has an activity time that varies between 6 and 12 hours, and the common laundry detergent has enough characteristics to eliminate it, even at low temperatures. Clothes that cannot be washed constantly must be left in the sun in order to try to prevent the virus.
Symptoms of pneumonia adjacent to COVID-19
- It starts with a throat infection, and is characterized by a burning dry throat, lasting between 3 to 4 days;
- Then, the virus will join the nasal fluids, moistening the trachea, and consequently reaching the lungs, which in turn will lead to the installation of the virus actively in the carrier, a process that takes between 5 to 6 days;
- Finally, a state of pneumonia, high fevers and breathing difficulties is characterized, nasal congestion in the case of COVID-19 differs from the usual, giving a sensation similar to that of “drowning”, if you experience this symptom, you should immediately seek help doctor.
About COVID-19 prevention
- The most common method of infection is through the interaction of surfaces in the public domain, such as handrails, door handles, benches and bus handles, etc., so it is highly recommended that you wash your hands more often than before. custom. The life span of the virus on our skin varies between 5 to 10 minutes, and although this is a short period, there is always a tendency to bring your hands to your eyes, or to your mouth, even if involuntarily, so it is very important wash your hands constantly;
- It is recommended to gargle a mouthwash in order to eliminate or minimize the existence of germs in the throat, before they reach the lungs.
This article results from the compilation of various data from different sources, since there is still not much standardized information about Coronavirus (COVID-19).